Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Need advice re:AGPNY

  1. #1
    Donna Cotterman
    Guest Donna Cotterman's Avatar

    Post

    Welcome back. Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Looks like you are busy getting things organized and starting work.
    Pictures of the new house, DD and dolls when you get everything organized. Maybe next year. hee hee [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Just glad to hear you are happy with new home, job and hospital. BIG HUGS!! ^j^ Mrs.C.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NHmommyx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am going with my daughter and my mother on my DDs 8th b-day!! She has been reading all the meet books we have (Kaya, Felicity, Kirsten,Addy, Molly, Samantha) and will be able to choose her doll in NY.

    I have reserved the Day at AGP for us. It includes a 2:30 cafe reservation, a 5:30 Show and a photoshoot and shopping somewhere inbetween.

    So.. we are taking the train to grand central from Ct. How far of a walk is it??

    How much time do we really need at AGP? I am thinking of shopping between lunch at 2:30 and the show at 5:30. Will this be enough?? (we are going on a Thursday)

    is a personal shopper necessary? What are the benefits?

    What is there worth seeing around the area? We are hoping to arrive in NY around 11:30 so there will be 3 hours 'til our lunch reservation.

    My daughter has $120 to spend. Restraint will be hard, but I don't want to overindulge her on the first day.

    Many thanks!!
    Jane

  3. #3
    Inactive Member kbrzez's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2006
    Posts
    260
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Have fun on your daughter's special day!! Enjoy it, ACP is so much fun!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You will have a great time and that sounds like plenty of Shopping/Looking around Time. A PS is helpful to show you were things are, keep things with them and ring you up, Plus as an added bonus you will feel extra special that day.

    Things to do in and around the Area - Rockerfellar Center - FAO Schwartz - St Patricks Cathedral As well as the Grand Central Terminal Itself (Which is at 43 and Park, so only a short walk away as AG is on 49th and 5th) I thought you might like this link

    http://www.grandcentralterminal.com/...6-4542CB719A69

  5. #5
    Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2006
    Posts
    482
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope you and your DD have a wonderful time in the city at AGPNY and other places too.

    I can only say that if I hadn't been somewhat pressed for time when I went to AGPNY (our allotment was 2 hours max) I could have honestly stayed there for much longer and been quite content to just browse and browse and browse some more.

    If you are an organized shopper and your DD knows what she wants, that may help you to maximize whatever time you spend there. The layout of the store is like four or five different floors worth of items so there is a lot to see!

    I found that even though I thought I knew what I wanted going in (Jess & collection), upon seeing all merchandise in person, I immediately changed my mind and had to spend some time debating over what to get. Hence, my time constraints got all confused. I ended up with darling Kit and a few outfits.

    HTH's & have a great time!

    [img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Molly-Felicity's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2004
    Posts
    471
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't really think 2+ hours is that much time for AGP.

    I have taken my daughter twice to AGPNY. Both times we spent the entire day (the 1st day of the trip) at AGP including eating at the Cafe and seeing the show. We came back for 2-3 hours the second day.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member balenciaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2006
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The walk from Grand Central to AGP should probably take around 15-20 minutes. It depends on how crowded the city is and how fast you walk. Have fun!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Joyfulone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2006
    Posts
    238
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't really have any advice as I have never been to an AGP, but I'm sure you will have a lot of fun! Is your dd leaning toward getting any doll in particular? Just curious! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is a back entrance to Grand Central that will bring you out closer to AGP= somewhere near 47 th st.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •